15 Sep How to live stream videos on your business Facebook page
How to stream live videos on your business Facebook page
Creating live videos for your business Facebook page is an exciting feature that can add a lot of value and engagement to your business page.
Facebook live streaming videos are only currently available to users that log into Facebook from the Android app, iPhone app or iPad app.
How to get Facebook Live Streaming started:
Download the Facebook Android app, iPhone app or iPad app.
Go to your page through the app.
Click Publish button (iOS) or Post button (Android) as if you were going to post a normal text status and you will see the following (iOS example):
Click Live video (iOS) or Go Live (Android)
If it’s your first time to live stream give Facebook permission to access your camera and microphone.
Now type in a description for your video. Make it interesting and inviting! This is what will appear in your users news feeds, it’s got to grab their attention and show them what to expect in your video.
You can cast the video through your front or rear-facing camera and while holding your phone in portrait or landscape mode. If you take the photo in portrait mode, live Facebook comments will appear below your video. In landscape mode, they appear on the right side.
As soon as you go live, the video feed appears in your business page timeline.
Things to remember when creating live stream videos on your business Facebook page:
Tell your users this! : “When you’re watching our live video or a video that was live, you can tap or click Subscribe to get notified the next time that we start a live broadcast, do it now ! “
- There is no limit to how long you can stream, though a good network connection is a must. We suggest only posting live stream videos when you have a strong Wifi Connection.
- If you want a bigger audience to watch your main video stream, Facebook suggest that you announce in advance with a couple of other posts, when you plan to broadcast your large live Q&A for example. Then people can put it on their schedule and have chance to get notifications of when you are live.
- When you have finished broadcasting your live stream, the video will post on your business page timeline and people can choose to replay it and you can collect more views. It can be wise to boost the teaser live streams you have posted so they reach more people and even more of advised of your large live stream due soon.
- You will get the option to save your video to your phone or iPad and then you can keep videos to later post on your website and other social media platforms. This is great for sharing and engaging on even more platforms.
- Ask your users to engage and ask you questions. Try to encourage the fans to communicate to you, by typing messages to you.
Good luck with your live videos!